Sunday, June 17, 2012

T-shirt Scarf with Beads

I bought a plain black long sleeve t-shirt from Wal-Mart for a couple of bucks. I wanted to make a t-shirt scarf and I went with the easiest possible one.



First I ironed the shirt out. Then I layed it out and cut it under the arms. I then proceded to cut all arount the bottom of the shirt making around 9 inch cuts. I tugged on the ends a little bit to stretch them out. 
I had chosen a black shirt because I figured it would be easier to pair with different outfits. It ended up looking much too plain for me so I hunted around the house for something to add to it. I found a few wooden beads. I had a limited amount of beads so I counted how many strings I had and then divided that number by the number of beads. I figured out that I needed to put a bead on every 4th string to make it even. 



I slipped the beads onto the strings. I then knotted the ends to secure the beads. This was my first attempt at a t-shirt scarf. Maybe I'll wear it, maybe I won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment