Sunday, June 17, 2012

Baseball String Bracelet


I decided I would give making a baseball string bracelet a go after seeing it on Pinterest. I considered it as somewhat of a success so I would like to share it. The original tutorial I used was: http://icanfindthetime.blogspot.com/2010/06/baseball-string-bracelet.html?m=1




First I cut around the stitching of a new baseball with an x-acto knife. I then pulled off what I had cut of the ball. It was pretty long and all connected. I cut it into two equal pieces to make two bracelets. I unraveled a little over an inch of the string from the leather (which is what is shown above). 


To finish it off I trimmed the excess leather and braided the string and knotted the end. Above is the finished product. It turned out well.

 If I were to do it again though, I would make sure that the string to braid and tie together was longer. A problem I came across was that it had a very noticeable curve to it. I began tugging and stretching it hopefully to straighten it out. I had cut the leather on one too close to the string and I ended up ripping it. So I broke one but that's why I made two incase something like that were to happen!  Hopefully it will make a good 4-H project!

No comments:

Post a Comment